Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Insomnia

Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and insomnia are best buddies. One does not go anyplace without the other!  I don't want to break up a good team, but come on!  Having one of these is enough for anyone, but all three?  That is really too much!

I have tried every over-the-counter medication and tried a few home remedies that I have found online.  A lot of the medications don't actually help at all with the sleeping, but they sure give me nightmares when I do sleep!  Um, thanks but no thanks.

So far, the best thing for me is to go to bed at least 30 minutes before I would like to be asleep, and read.  I get very drowsy when I read at any time of day.  It kind of sucks sometimes, because I love to read.  I will be looking forward to a good book, but can only read about 15 minutes here and there or I will fall asleep.

This is good as it helps me go to sleep.  The sucky part is that I only sleep three to six hours and then I am awake, and there is no going back to sleep.  I spend the rest of the night just being still and keeping my eyes closed, just in case I do fall back to sleep.  I go through most of my days feeling groggy and my eyes hurt.  It causes headaches as well.

I am thinking to ask the doctor for a real sleep aid.  I don't want to take chemicals, but I have a busy job and it is taking its toll on me!  I am 58 years old, and I need all the help I can get with my energy level!

If you know of a routine or herbal remedy that works for you, please share it with me.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment